What I Learned From Watching: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The hubby and I rarely go to movies. We just don't have the time with the remodel in full swing and all. There were a couple of movies that I just HAD to make room for in our hectic schedules, and one of them was THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON.
I was warned beforehand that I had better have an empty bladder before the movie started because there would be no time for a potty break once the movie began rolling.......and she was right! WOW!!! I learned so much from this movie that I just had to share it with you!
THIS IS WHAT I LEARNED:
1. Ugly babies should not be given away, they could grow up to be REALLY cute.
2. There are A LOT of people having A LOT of s.e.x.
3. NEVER sit in a movie beside your son's friends especially if there is going to be A LOT of s.e.x.in the movie. (I had to clarify the last part! hehehehe)
4. Women sometimes refer to their "partners" in a formal manner. Ex. "Mister Weathers".
5. There are A LOT of people having A LOT of s.e.x. (And they aren't even married to each other!!!)
6. NEVER, I repeat NEVER take your child backstage after a dance performance as the dancers tend to run around half naked and the male dancers don't look like they wear any undies either.
7. NEVER sit in a movie theater beside your son's friends especially if there are going to be scenes backstage after a dance performance.
8. There are A LOT of people having A LOT of s.e.x.
9. Some people tend to attract lightning.
10. A tugboat can sink a submarine.
11. Caviar is to be enjoyed with vodka. (I think that is supposed to mean you have class-whatev!)
12. Don't dance in the street.
13. There are A LOT of people having A LOT of s.e.x. (Is my age showing yet?)
14. If we have been hurt by someone, especially someone we love, we have to let it go.
15. I wouldn't give up the life I am living for anything!
It was a great story line. It was totally different from the original short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I would just suggest you not sit beside your son's friends, that's all.
PS- After I read this to my hubby, he said he thought the only people not having s.e.x. were us. I had to assure him that our son's friend wasn't either. I'm not sure about the rest of the patrons in the theater though.
This is our family right now. We have one son who is in Madagascar serving a mission. He has 5 months left. Our other son pictured here is a senior. Our time with him is winding down. This blog is for these men in my life. I love them with all of my heart! They mean more to me than words can describe....sometimes I am speechless (in a bad way too). That is all part of life. At the end of the day we love each other for each other, good, bad and not so pretty!
I am the mother of two awesome boys! One has recently returned from a mission for our church in Madagascar. Soon to be a Freshman in college.
The other is a Freshman in college and will be venturing out on a mission in the next year.
They have both brought me a lot of happiness and made me laugh! I am so blessed to have them in my life! They have had to go through things in life that some would feel are not fair, but they have not complained. They go through life with a smile on their face. They are a great example to me.
I am also the wife of an amazing man!!! Seriously! He does it all! He complains even less than my boys!!! I could not ask for a better companion than him. He is a great example to his sons. He works hard all week long, comes home and begins his work on our home and then continues to serve at our church. Yet, I do not feel neglected. He is there when I need him. He brings me lunch every day at work, he helps out at home, he loves me for me....what more can a woman ask for? Yep, I got him!!!
Can he be serious? Nope!
Our freshman....in college.
The Hubby (and his pal)
His only flaw....he doesn't know how to smile...hahahaha
OUR FAVORITE THINGS......
In the summer we LOVE to go to Lake Powell with my sister and her family. We have a blast there! There is never a dull moment whether it be from the kids, storms, bats or giant mice. We are constantly entertained by something or someone! Here are a few of my favorite memories.....
The Balloon Launcher
Many items were launched in 2005. Grapes, rotten tomatoes, live fireworks. ( I was the target for the fireworks.)
It was higher than it looked, especially for a scaredy cat like me. And by the way, I told Drew I was jumping, but didn't. He did!
My favorite place to be on a hot day! With one of my favorite nephews! (When he's in a good mood that is!)
A fun past time...watching others get their butt kicked on the molecule! Oh yeah!!!
Yep...the ride of my life....it hurt!
Bracing for the Storm
B-I-L and Hubby being pelted by the rain. The toys had to be secured!
The Many Faces of Hubby
Ok...he doesn't have many faces, in fact it's like pulling teeth to get a real smile out of him, so this makes this shot great!