I was tagged by Miss Heidi over at Dunhaven Place. She is one AWESOME lady! She's an author you know! It's true! I read her book Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind. It is romance and comedy all wound into one fantastic novel! Don't take my word for it, check around the blogging community. Others have read it too. And they liked it. A LOT!
Anyhooo, I have to tell you 7 things about myself that you don't know. Some of you will know these things, some of you won't. I have been quite open lately so I'm not sure I have any secrets left.....let me think a minute......OK.....FINE! I've already spilled the beans on myself to this point, so here goes nothin'.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
1. I am an organizational FREAK! I have two legal size file cabinets to file bills, tax info, articles, decorating ideas, canning ideas, recipes (don't cook), gardening tips (don't garden), quilting tips (not in years)....you get the idea. AND the files are ALL labeled with a label maker. The files can't be written on by hand.
2. I eat a REALLY bland diet. I don't like hot dogs or hamburgers. I like chicken. I detest ham. I will eat some pork. (I know that ham and pork come from a pig!) I LOOOOOVE SUSHI!!!! I like most veggies. I am intolerant to milk products. I don't like spicy foods. Every morning I have a protein shake for breakfast. Most lunches I have an Intajuice (like a Jamba Juice) and dinner, who knows!!! My nickname when I was a child was "the garbage can" because I ate everything.
3. I was kicked out of BYU. Yep, I was. The end of my junior year. True story.
4. I held a water gun up to my 11th grade English teacher who caught me skipping class, and squirted him with it (much to the horror of an onlooking 9th grade math class). My punishment? Nothing. I just had to make sure my homework was complete for the next class. (WHAT???? I warned him first not to come any closer!!!!)
5. I was a Relief Society president in a young married ward in Orem when my youngest was 3 months old and my oldest was 3 yrs old. We had only been in the ward 1 month. Unfortunately, we had to move after only 6 months due to my hubby's employment, but it was one of the best experiences of my life.
6. I owned a Gift Store and also hosted Craft Shows for crafters. (Another awesome experience. I miss those days and the ladies I worked with.)
7. I have NEVER had a pedicure.....but most of you know that by now because my toes/feet are so ugly. I have Fred Flintstone feet. My baby toe (even you would be appalled by this Heidi) has almost no toenail on it. To see the nail you must uncurl the toe from it's permanently tucked position. My big toes have had fought the fight of ingrown toe nails for so long that the nails on them are mangled. The remaining three stubs.....er toes are missing a joint I believe, because they are so short. I have been so self-conscious of my toes that I have just started wearing open toed sandals in the past 2 years.
PS-You thought I was going to say something about dancing didn't you? Well I'm not because I don't dance! I can't dance for the life of me! But my sister Robin sure can!
This is our family right now. We have one son who is in Madagascar serving a mission. He has 5 months left. Our other son pictured here is a senior. Our time with him is winding down. This blog is for these men in my life. I love them with all of my heart! They mean more to me than words can describe....sometimes I am speechless (in a bad way too). That is all part of life. At the end of the day we love each other for each other, good, bad and not so pretty!
I am the mother of two awesome boys! One has recently returned from a mission for our church in Madagascar. Soon to be a Freshman in college.
The other is a Freshman in college and will be venturing out on a mission in the next year.
They have both brought me a lot of happiness and made me laugh! I am so blessed to have them in my life! They have had to go through things in life that some would feel are not fair, but they have not complained. They go through life with a smile on their face. They are a great example to me.
I am also the wife of an amazing man!!! Seriously! He does it all! He complains even less than my boys!!! I could not ask for a better companion than him. He is a great example to his sons. He works hard all week long, comes home and begins his work on our home and then continues to serve at our church. Yet, I do not feel neglected. He is there when I need him. He brings me lunch every day at work, he helps out at home, he loves me for me....what more can a woman ask for? Yep, I got him!!!
Can he be serious? Nope!
Our freshman....in college.
The Hubby (and his pal)
His only flaw....he doesn't know how to smile...hahahaha
OUR FAVORITE THINGS......
In the summer we LOVE to go to Lake Powell with my sister and her family. We have a blast there! There is never a dull moment whether it be from the kids, storms, bats or giant mice. We are constantly entertained by something or someone! Here are a few of my favorite memories.....
The Balloon Launcher
Many items were launched in 2005. Grapes, rotten tomatoes, live fireworks. ( I was the target for the fireworks.)
It was higher than it looked, especially for a scaredy cat like me. And by the way, I told Drew I was jumping, but didn't. He did!
My favorite place to be on a hot day! With one of my favorite nephews! (When he's in a good mood that is!)
A fun past time...watching others get their butt kicked on the molecule! Oh yeah!!!
Yep...the ride of my life....it hurt!
Bracing for the Storm
B-I-L and Hubby being pelted by the rain. The toys had to be secured!
The Many Faces of Hubby
Ok...he doesn't have many faces, in fact it's like pulling teeth to get a real smile out of him, so this makes this shot great!