Saturday, January 24, 2009

Seven Things You Didn't Know About Me


I was tagged by Miss Heidi over at Dunhaven Place. She is one AWESOME lady! She's an author you know! It's true! I read her book Miss Delacourt Speaks Her Mind. It is romance and comedy all wound into one fantastic novel! Don't take my word for it, check around the blogging community. Others have read it too. And they liked it. A LOT!

Anyhooo, I have to tell you 7 things about myself that you don't know. Some of you will know these things, some of you won't. I have been quite open lately so I'm not sure I have any secrets left.....let me think a minute......OK.....FINE! I've already spilled the beans on myself to this point, so here goes nothin'.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?


1. I am an organizational FREAK! I have two legal size file cabinets to file bills, tax info, articles, decorating ideas, canning ideas, recipes (don't cook), gardening tips (don't garden), quilting tips (not in years)....you get the idea. AND the files are ALL labeled with a label maker. The files can't be written on by hand.

2. I eat a REALLY bland diet. I don't like hot dogs or hamburgers. I like chicken. I detest ham. I will eat some pork. (I know that ham and pork come from a pig!) I LOOOOOVE SUSHI!!!! I like most veggies. I am intolerant to milk products. I don't like spicy foods. Every morning I have a protein shake for breakfast. Most lunches I have an Intajuice (like a Jamba Juice) and dinner, who knows!!! My nickname when I was a child was "the garbage can" because I ate everything.

3. I was kicked out of BYU. Yep, I was. The end of my junior year. True story.

4. I held a water gun up to my 11th grade English teacher who caught me skipping class, and squirted him with it (much to the horror of an onlooking 9th grade math class). My punishment? Nothing. I just had to make sure my homework was complete for the next class. (WHAT???? I warned him first not to come any closer!!!!)

5. I was a Relief Society president in a young married ward in Orem when my youngest was 3 months old and my oldest was 3 yrs old. We had only been in the ward 1 month. Unfortunately, we had to move after only 6 months due to my hubby's employment, but it was one of the best experiences of my life.

6. I owned a Gift Store and also hosted Craft Shows for crafters. (Another awesome experience. I miss those days and the ladies I worked with.)

7. I have NEVER had a pedicure.....but most of you know that by now because my toes/feet are so ugly. I have Fred Flintstone feet. My baby toe (even you would be appalled by this Heidi) has almost no toenail on it. To see the nail you must uncurl the toe from it's permanently tucked position. My big toes have had fought the fight of ingrown toe nails for so long that the nails on them are mangled. The remaining three stubs.....er toes are missing a joint I believe, because they are so short. I have been so self-conscious of my toes that I have just started wearing open toed sandals in the past 2 years.

PS-You thought I was going to say something about dancing didn't you? Well I'm not because I don't dance! I can't dance for the life of me! But my sister Robin sure can!

27 comments:

Barbaloot said...

First of all---LOVE that you have a label maker.
Second, how are you gonna tell us that you got kicked out of BYU and not tell us why!? Total cliff hanger.
Third, I still think you will love a pedicure if you get one.

Kristina P. said...

I agree with Barb. We have to hear the BYU story. I was never even called down to the Honor Code office. Boo.

And I LOVE pedicures. I was going to get one today, but I've been too lazy to even get dressed.

Tiffany said...

Kicked out of BYU!?!? Wow you have to tell that story. did you break the honor code? OR just have bad grades?

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Yes you must not leave us all in suspense.

I need you to come and live with me for about 6 months, because things are really out of control in the organizational department right now.

I am impressed that your RS president experience was so good. I was called my freshman year at BYU and I was only 17 at the time and had never been to RS at that point. Talk about the blind leading the blind. Sheesh. To this day I seriously hope that I didn't permanently damage someone's eternal salvation, but I am pretty sure I did. How could I not have, when no one got VT and we didn't even have an enrichment until the second semester.

The second time I had the calling 17 years later, I was 34, with an 8,5,1. Can't say I did much better that time. Marginally I suppose.

I figure I will get the calling again 17 years later when I am 51. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

forgot to follow in case you spill the beans on the BYU story.

TisforTonya said...

yeah - now the BYU story must be told...

how many more days of the ROE? Because I swear all of us desert girls need to pamper our feet a little - but I'll only take you if you promise not to peek in my glove compartment... its organization is representative of my cluttered life!

April said...

I guess I will have to come up with a post on how I got kicked out of BYU.

Did I mention I even have a mini filing system on my desk to pre-file things before they go into the large filing cabinets? Can you say OCD!!

I use the same filing system at work as well. Apparently, it looks like artwork. Seriously. It just looks neat.

And for those counting down like T...6 more days until freedom!!!!

Sandi said...

I'm not telling Dave that it's only 6 more days..no way. I am trying really hard to think if I know the BYU story but my memory is absolutely pathetic, so I guess I will just have to wait til you post about it and see if it sounds familiar. I got called to the Honor Code Office at BYU-H because of a little swimming pool incident, but they went easy on us! I can't believe your feet are as bad as you say when the rest of you is so darn cute!

dede said...

I am still going to beat you on the ugly feet contest - just wait! I want to hear about BYU too!

robin said...

and I was being nice and didn't post your post-surgery pic....hmmm I'll have to rethink that.

robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robin said...

JK... I'll keep that one in the vault.

Unknown said...

april, my baby toe on both feet is just the same if i clip the nail..there is none..really almost none.
but i do have mostly nice toes other than that! i was so happy to win the t-shirt over at heidi's! i can't believe i finally won something!
i have really become a recluse having just moved and not having made any friends really.. i am glad i have my blogging friends! i'll follow you anywhere!

Anjeny said...

Ok
1. I love that you are into organization, not sure I care for the FREAK part..lol.
2. Gift store and hosting craft? What happen to that?
3. Very brave of ya to shoot your 11th grade teacher. Maybe a similar gutsy stunt like that or worse than that that got you kicked out of BYU? So not fair for you to go into details about all the other infos but not the one you know we would most want to hear about.
You are such a tease!!LOL

Heidi said...

Loved this! (and not just b/c you said you love Miss D!) You have so many hidden depths! However, should I ever be in your neighborhood, please cover your toes (yeah, I'm that bad). I love the photo you used in this post---very appropo!

charrette said...

I love Heidi, and Miss Delacourt. Wonderful woman, wonderful book.

You MUST post about the BYU story. Oh, and by the way, you're in very good company. Some of my dearest friends were also kicked out of BYU!

And, I'm embarrassed to say I share your freakish little-toe toenail mutation. But i have had a pedicure -- twice. I highly recommend it.

charrette said...

Oh, and maybe one day you could post some of your OCD organizational tips. I'm an artist. I can use all the structure and order I can get.

robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whitneys said...

byu huh? how did you get kicked out of there?!!!

i so need you to come organize my desk when you get back to work! hope you're feeling okay!

Kazzy said...

How did I not know that about BYU?? LOL Not a toe person myself. And I laughed when I saw your sis had removed her comment... I wonder if she was cussing you out for using the photo!

Jami said...

I didn't think BYU was allowed to kick out organizational freaks? Don't they give you some kind of exemption from [your infraction] when you are Super-organized Girl?

heather said...

Okay, so I wanna know the kicked out of the Y story! And you MUST get a pedicure. You MUST. And thanks for visiting me. :)

April said...

Barb thanks for the LOVE even if you want me to get a pedicure! hehehe!

Kristina I thought you were dressed? What the what???

Tiffany...hey how are you? I'm sorry did you ask me something?

NCH sometimes you don't have to be 17 to be the blind leading the blind. Good luck for #3!

Hey T! Thurs ends my sentence. I promise not to peek at your glove compartment if you promise not to giggle or Yog at my toes!

Sandi now I MUST hear about the swimming pool incident!

Dede- game on!!!

Toad we'll see my pretty, we'll see!

Hi Gramee! Thanks for stopping by! And be careful where you follow me, some places aren't too pleasant.

Anjeny I don't have my gift store any more because we moved and I "sold" it. (I just never got paid in full for it...another story)

Toes covered in Heidi's presence.

Charrette hmmmm....posting organizational tips....all of my ideas come from magazines. I just make a file for what I like and pull from that.

Tiff hey gf! I miss you! What are you talking about? Your desk is organized and remember, I have 2 labelers at work!

Kazzy it's not something that I bragged about! I was quite horrified. I will disclose the details....soon.

Jami, I know, how rude of BYU!!! They didn't offer me any extra credit for organization. Tamn them!

Heather check back for the low down, and still not convinced on the pedicure.

Anjeny said...

Ok April...I am still waiting on the details about the BYU incident. And I don't think I'm the only one who is waiting...just the only one who doesn't have a life right now so I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, biting my nails and tapping on the floor..LOL.

I hope you're not breaking out in rash right now cuz I'm starting to sound like pretty darn stupid person....hmmmm, maybe it would be worth it to see you in rash while you're still glowing...LOL.

Jami said...

Pedicures are SO nice. And I just skip the polish because I don't really care for it. But the soaking, massaging, exfoliating and moisturizing is SO WORTH every penny!

MakingChanges said...

I need to hear the story about being kicked out of BYU- just an idea for your next post!

wendy said...

Loved learning all 7 things about you ----my long lost SIS!!!!!!!