Raders Out Loudhas given the Premio Meme Award to my blog. I met Queen a couple of weeks ago when she was visiting the city I live in. We went out to lunch with Shelle and were instant friends. She is so fun and witty. She is my type of friend!
So, the rules of this award, is that I must tell 7 things about myself and then give this award to 7 people. Well, here goes nothing.....
1. I have lost over 60 pounds over the past 5 years. (Not as much as Queen, but we've seen each other's "before" pictures!)
2. I hate speaking in public (like at church or to large groups). My heart pounds and I feel like I'm going to faint or yak!
3. I am a Twix junkie (but would prefer an Aero Bar or Caramilk). Since I can't get my hands on Canadian chocolate bars, I eat two mini Twix bars every night.
4. I was born in Canada but have now lived in the States for longer than I lived in Canada. The rest of my family except for one sister still lives there. I eventually plan to take the test to become a US citizen....like my younger sister did.
5. I hate cooking. I love food, but I hate cooking, although, since my new kitchen has been finished, I am more apt to cook.
6. I used to own my own gift store.....and loved it! That was my dream, to own my own store. But it ended when we moved to Utah. Maybe again, one day.
7. I have only ever had one speeding ticket since I was 16 yrs old. I got it when I was 18, the day before I was leaving for college. And I do speed. Frequently.
So, I hope this wasn't too sappy for you Queen! :) Now, for who to choose to continue this on....hmmmmm.
This is our family right now. We have one son who is in Madagascar serving a mission. He has 5 months left. Our other son pictured here is a senior. Our time with him is winding down. This blog is for these men in my life. I love them with all of my heart! They mean more to me than words can describe....sometimes I am speechless (in a bad way too). That is all part of life. At the end of the day we love each other for each other, good, bad and not so pretty!
I am the mother of two awesome boys! One has recently returned from a mission for our church in Madagascar. Soon to be a Freshman in college.
The other is a Freshman in college and will be venturing out on a mission in the next year.
They have both brought me a lot of happiness and made me laugh! I am so blessed to have them in my life! They have had to go through things in life that some would feel are not fair, but they have not complained. They go through life with a smile on their face. They are a great example to me.
I am also the wife of an amazing man!!! Seriously! He does it all! He complains even less than my boys!!! I could not ask for a better companion than him. He is a great example to his sons. He works hard all week long, comes home and begins his work on our home and then continues to serve at our church. Yet, I do not feel neglected. He is there when I need him. He brings me lunch every day at work, he helps out at home, he loves me for me....what more can a woman ask for? Yep, I got him!!!
Can he be serious? Nope!
Our freshman....in college.
The Hubby (and his pal)
His only flaw....he doesn't know how to smile...hahahaha
OUR FAVORITE THINGS......
In the summer we LOVE to go to Lake Powell with my sister and her family. We have a blast there! There is never a dull moment whether it be from the kids, storms, bats or giant mice. We are constantly entertained by something or someone! Here are a few of my favorite memories.....
The Balloon Launcher
Many items were launched in 2005. Grapes, rotten tomatoes, live fireworks. ( I was the target for the fireworks.)
It was higher than it looked, especially for a scaredy cat like me. And by the way, I told Drew I was jumping, but didn't. He did!
My favorite place to be on a hot day! With one of my favorite nephews! (When he's in a good mood that is!)
A fun past time...watching others get their butt kicked on the molecule! Oh yeah!!!
Yep...the ride of my life....it hurt!
Bracing for the Storm
B-I-L and Hubby being pelted by the rain. The toys had to be secured!
The Many Faces of Hubby
Ok...he doesn't have many faces, in fact it's like pulling teeth to get a real smile out of him, so this makes this shot great!